Saturday, January 21, 2017

believe, in yourself.



Social media can be deceiving sometimes. A lot of people think I'm a confident being while in reality, I'm not that confident. I always have this issue; that I'm not good enough. I will always have that issue, I think. Don't we all?

We've been through so many events; so many changes that helped shaped us. Shaped us into a better figure for ourselves. But sometimes, just sometimes, some events may drag us down to our lowest point -even minus, in my case. It's like we're back to square one. We need to be on our full gear just to reach our destination again, and this is what important: our surroundings.

Have you ever been in a society that spreads only negative vibes? I have. And I chose to leave, at the end. They made me such a bitter person, who could talk about nothing else but other people. I turned into a selfish person who thought of no one else but herself. Also, that society I talked about always made me feel bad about myself; especially my body image. So I left.

I tried to accept myself for what I am: I'm not a model, I'm not a public figure, so I don't need to push myself really hard when I gain some weight. The food is still delicious tho; and as long as you're healthy, there's nothing wrong with that number written on the scale. I tried to embrace myself, I let myself wear anything that I didn't really wear before because I wasn't confident enough -old clothes. I used to hate it when people said I looked like a grandma, but now I kinda like it. I'm one chic grandma :))

And what I'm really grateful of is, how God put me in a right place; I'm surrounded with people who believe in me, love me for what I am, even when I don't. I got this text from my best friend today and I was in tears just by reading this. Isn't this all we need? To have people who believe in us, no matter how messy our lives have become. No matter how many mistakes we made. If we're lucky enough, God will kindly send us angels without wings, the ones who will support us no matter what happen.



We need this kind of people. And we also need to be one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment